Saturday 21 May 2011

Where have I been??

Before I blog Easter, I must explain my absence.  Firstly my laptop was stolen, and I'm still grieving.  Secondly, I spent some of the week before last in Albury for work.  Above is my hotel room - very spooky after that week's Jonathon Creek...  I drove home on the Saturday following the Murray and had lunch at Oscar W in Echuca.
Oscar W may resonate with those who spent Easter at Goolwa.  In the case of this restaurant, it pays homage not just to the paddleboat but also Oscar Wilde and has quotes on the wall such as:  People who live within their means obviously lack imagination (or words to that effect).
Other writing on a wall in a public loo
which also amused me.
Arriving home, I checked the olive crop.
and made sure masterpieces were still being created.
including god's.
While Sissy cornered the bone market.
Easter is next - after a bit of crochet.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about your lap top! I think the hotel room looks lovely...but then, we don't get johnathon creek here. Good to have you back

    ReplyDelete