Saturday 8 October 2011

A thing of beauty is a joy

until it is pushed through the newsagents glass door.  Which is what happened to my beautiful bouganvillea pot last night.  Both the pot and the door are smashed.  The plant was snapped.  Steve and I have tried to graft / strap it back together.  We'll see.  We've had so many compliments about this potplant during the Country Music Festival.  Sometimes its hard to be a good citizen... to paraphrase a song I've heard a lot recently.
A reasonably unusual event in Wentworth.  Me and my big blog mouth.

3 comments:

  1. No chortling about this post. You can understand why Enid Blyton might have created her "Mrs Smack" character.

    It would be rather nice if it were as simple to censor out the "Smash" and "Burn" characters who populate "real" life.

    Grumble, grumble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting to wonder if my misspelling of bougainvillea was Freudian. Bogan? Villain?
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I should also have mentioned that the total haul for the bogan / villain from the newsagent was six 50c pieces.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete