Sunday 28 October 2012

Silence is golden


but this blog has been too damned quiet.  Been busy with Mental Health Week, Carers Week and my online course.  After that I don't much feel like sitting at a computer for more.  The garden is my refuge and salvation.  The roses are fabulous.  These Lorraine Lees have blossomed on a 'water shoot' or whatever its called - a lovely surprise.
And the flowers on the ornamental grape have also been stunning.
My course finishes in early December by which time the garden will probably be burnt to a stump.
Steve and I planted  fig and apricot trees after my visit to Spain.  The plan is for them to provide some summer shade.

1 comment:

  1. Those Lorraine Lee roses are lovely, don't look real somehow, ornamental grape looks a bit like a dendrobium I think, very pretty!! Have to add, one of my preferred songs too....Pem

    ReplyDelete