Wednesday 24 October 2018

October in Tribes

The time has gone very quickly since my visit to Lady Jayne's estate.  The first day back was the boys' choir.

On one of my jaunts, I noticed these Triabunna District School students hard at work.

My friend Jools had a birthday party at her home in South Hobart.  I stayed overnight and caught the Farmers Market the next day before driving home.

I have been spruiking the Dan Kelly concert everywhere I go.

I saw these nets drying as I walked to Anne's Soiree one evening.

Then there was the Saturday when 2 trucks pulled up and started to unload stuff at the Paris end of the street.
It's the infrastructure for Triabunna's own hanging garden.

We had more culture another Saturday with a play at the Community Hall.

Last Sunday was the British Car Rally at the local market.  This spiffing MG was driven by my friend Cheryl for a friend of hers who owns 3 and thus could not drive them all.
My first sit in an MG

It was also the day of the Seafarers' Memorial and Blessing of the Fleet.  Some of us go just to listen to Rod Stewart sing 'Sailing'.
There have been other delights for which there are no photos.  The usual gym, tai chi, etc but also 'A Dog's Purpose' at the Orford Odeon, lunch at the new Colonial restaurant, coffee and cake for Judy's birthday.  Also the Great Eastern Clean Up and the Marina DeBris exhibition - about which more later.  Then there's the garden, which I'll also try to capture before I go to Adelaide next week.

1 comment:

  1. What a cultural life you lead!!! At the risk of sounding like someone living in a social vacuum, who is Dan Kelly? FF

    ReplyDelete