Wednesday 18 March 2020

The Flying Pig

Now, these are not cute little chocolates but purple potatoes from the Gatehouse, grown at the school.  Very adventurous.
I made a sort of a salad with them and some beans which my friend, Ian, donated to the Gatehouse.  The celery is from Woolworths (I think) but we grew the tomatoes.  The Floosie may recognise the bowls.
I have long wanted a yellow front door, and Steve kindly obliged.  The paint colour is called 'Laughter' which I think is wonderful.
He has even painted the door on the inside and, most fortuitously, it nicely compliments the painting Steve did some years ago of our heritaged River Bank.

Because I live the life I've always wanted and the house is becoming just as I wanted, I'm calling the house The Flying Pig.  This name, of course, references The Flying Fish restaurant in Port Elliot where I have had many, many a happy meal with you.  Some will also remember the cottage in Normanville which had flying pigs on the front wall.

1 comment:

  1. Yellow reminds me of your gorgeous yellow kitchen in Bellerive.
    Have you still got the yellow and blue cow picture?
    And welcome to the Flying Pig. FF

    ReplyDelete