Tuesday 26 March 2024

too old, too fat, too slow

for some it would seem...

SO   the   B i r t h d a y   B l o g 🎂🍾🥂🌠
This was not my birthday party.  It is from some years ago...sent to me by the then Mrs History.  I think it was her farewell Jazzercise bash before she left to live in Melbourne.  I'm sure she'll tell me if I have that wrong.  The former Mrs H, now Fleurieu Floosie, sent me a batch of photos for my birthday.  Made my day, and I shall delight you with them soon.  I'm in every one.

What I did on my birthday was:
made pesto with my delicious local olive oil, and basil from Her Majesty who also gave me blackberry jam and rhubarb relish
started a new nutmeg to do something - possibly sprinkle on a banana smoothie
started a new bar of Pears Soap - one of my favourite things
(Note curious reflection in tap, or mixer as I believe they're called these days.)

As if that was not enough excitement, I got books to read:
First to arrive, Thea Astley all the way from Spain, sort of.  I haven't read this yet.  It is to be one of the 3 books I'm taking with me to read on the plane, and I may be able to give it to Spanish Rose at Heathrow upon my return.  Plans are afoot!

I am making dreamy progress through this one from FF.  She has insisted I make, and photograph, at least one recipe.  It is all so delicious, but so far the warmed olives look most likely...  I may amaze you all.

Steve gave me this one and I finished it yesterday.  I really want someone else to read it.  It's a clever take on the writer / translator relationship but I think there's a flaw in it.  Answers on a postcard, please as my Number 1 Man, Ed Le Brocq, says.

Don the Postie delivered this one yesterday.  Another present from my Steve who kindly listens to Radio National so I can listen to ABC Classic.  I am still brooding over Irena Rey's Extinction so am not quite ready for this one yet.

When not brooding or reveling in Sundays and recipes, I am devouring this:
I am choosing to believe the Pisces horoscope, which says exactly what I want to hear.  Long may pleasure rule.
👑👑👑👑

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the birthday blog!!!! I do love that Jazzercise photo as it sums up the exuberance and enthusiasm we had in 'the front row'. And yes, Gillian had asked me what I would like to do for my last show and I said Latin American music, so she asked us all to dress up - and a lot of us did! Love all the new things you are doing. The nutmeg grater reminded me that I have one that I never use now because I'm not sure where to get fresh nutmegs. The birthday books look good - I'll see if our library has the Irena Rey one. Ooooh - I must get a copy of that In Style mag. I'm all for pleasure. FF

    ReplyDelete