Monday 7 October 2024

busy doing

 ?????  Beats me.  But time goes very quickly!  So, with help from the photo timeline on my phone:

FoTR activities
Friends of Triabunna Reserves picked up 5 bags of rubbish along the Pelican Park shoreline
Off Grid Bruce loads up for some planting at Pelican Walk
Malcolm's house has pardolotes.  I think Georgia painted the nest box.
Malcolm makes the nesting boxes for us.  FoTR hosted a community presentation by Bruce's sister, Dr Susan Rhind (on holiday from Western Australia) on nest box design and construction for tree-hollow dependent animals.  Some people's knowledge and dedication is astounding.

Steve had to spend a night in Hobart after medical tests so I took Jill PD with me to meet Aunty Cynthia for lunch at the Shoreline Hotel.  Jill and I then indulged in a walk around the Second Bluff in  Bellerive.

Steve's sketch of Hobart from the bus stop

Georgia has created some new lines.
wombat money box
dew catcher flower to provide moisture to insects / pollinators
I gave one of the flowers to Cazz for her birthday
which we celebrated at Mayfield Winery.
An interesting occasion that seemed to send Cazz's husband off his head.  Anne, my personal dresser, stands stoically.

The fruit trees in our garden are in blossom.
the quince is my favourite

the pear Steve's

A few of us Childless Cat Ladies gathered to see the school production of Lyle Lyle Crocodile.  Fortunately I googled the storyline before we left so at least I had a vague notion of what was happening on stage.  The teachers must be congratulated (if not knighted) for such bold ambition.  The audience went wild with applause after the final swishing of the curtain (there was a lot of curtain swishing) as their darlings took their bows.  It was a good fun night, but mystifying...
And then on the Friday Cheryl and I attended the school assembly on behalf of the Spring Bay Suicide Prevention Network to spread the Mental Health Week message and pick up badges that the students had made for the local police, ambos, health professionals and shop staff.
We have since distributed the badges through the community, with everyone grateful for the students' handiwork.
Mental Health Week has been my focus for quite a while.  We launched it on Sunday with a Dog's Breakfast.
There was a great turn out and turn over of people and dogs during the 2 hour event.
Fiona baked biscuits for the dogs and I made bandanas.
a less than flattering photo of a dachshund  who could make himself very low and long
But note the bandana.

This morning I availed myself of the Clay Target Shooting activity.  I can't imagine taking up the sport but I'd never fired a gun and was interested to know how it felt.
Cheryl under the excellent tutelage of Glenn

the machine that hurls out the clay targets

And just in case you've forgotten where I live,
here's a photo of Triabunna from a real estate ad.  In the bottom right hand corner, you can just see Steve's car parked at an angle in our garden.

But in news just in,
I took some leftover bandanas to the Maria Voices Singalong this afty.  I'm the 'lovely local lady'!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment