And exhibition openings never start on time. We were in town for the opening of an exhibition which includes Georgia's work.
The theme was 'Elemental'. George had used a flame shape to pair with Tasmanian flowers which need fire to germinate. Sea dragons and sea horsed for the water element. Pendulous flowers and little birds for 'Air'. All very beautiful.
Not sure of the Elemental relevance of this one either. But I loved it and bought it. It is called 'Battle Weary' so perhaps it's elemental to life and ageing.
Georgia's work didn't win a prize. I can't comment because I'm biased. But I noticed that it was much admired as I loitered nearby munching on the vegetarian options and drinking red wine. There is a 'Peoples' Choice' to be announced at the end of the exhibition so 🤞.
We stepped out into a perfect evening. Fairy lights, a buzz of people, the moon and a star.






Yay for cocktails. They looked delicious and I was instantly envious.
ReplyDeleteLoved Georgia's wildflower vase - I'm a sucker for gum flowers. Hope she won the Peoples Choice prize. Not sure about Battle Weary Is it a plaque to hang? Hobart always feels great at night. (I know Sharon, Kate and I had some lovely evening walks there in May.) I note you only got a photo of the owl mug and cup - not the actual items......... Do you still have them?
The Wildflower vase (with birds on the handles) sold. We still don't know about People's Choice - perhaps only the winner knows...
ReplyDeleteI still have my coffee cup. I gave the owl jug to Georgia - I don't have the space for it. Battle Weary is proving a challenge too...
XXXX