Saturday 17 April 2010

Let's pretend it's 1st April...

OK so it's April and I can say 'Mum and I are going to St David's next month!!!!!'  Doesn't time fly.  In fact, being April 1st I am driving to Adelaide to catch up with the Gang of Four - though, as they remind me when I say I'm spending Easter with 4 friends from school days,  I am in fact catching up with 3 great mates and I am the fourth.  That's the brutal honesty of friends.  We are spending Easter on Kangaroo Island.  I have never been there before.  They have.  I am soooooo looking forward to catching up with them.  And I'm thinking KI is a sort of warm up (or cool down) for St David's.
Needless to say, in the company of these three everything goes perfectly.  Here's a few photos:
Here they are about to be devoured by some prehistoric creature.  But the goddess is looking after us

Our rescuing mermaid returns to the sea

while Easter Island gods snigger and contemplate snacking on a few other tourists...
And this is the stage where the drama took place - Remarkable Rocks.

How lucky can one woman be!!!!  And, because I like to write little haiku-style poems as mementoes, and our walk to the cannery and its beach was my absolute favourite time of the holiday...

The Cannery, American River, Kangaroo Island 2010
Four figures on a calm beach,
fossicking, photographing, dreaming, gazing.
A story of 200 years.

GPHS
(Globally Positioned Happiness Seekers)
Four survivors on a calm beach,
buffeted and bleached by the land,
regrouping beside the sea.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I've come home from my lovely holiday to a whole lotta blogging from you! I'd love to hear about KI. Sounds gorgeous. You are so lucky to have that group of friends. And AREN'T you glad that you weren't trying to get to the UK in the middle of a volcano!!!

    ReplyDelete