Tuesday 1 February 2011

Hot Wednesday

Sometimes I think it's best to be at work when it's hot - as long as you have a comfy white-collar job, of course.  But Wednesday is my day off.  It's been hot for a while but today is the 3rd day over 40 degrees C and everything feels warm and clammy.  Here's a cuppla shots from my shade-hopping trip to the library and back.
The Crepe Myrtles are stunning this year - from the shade I could only take their trunks (perhaps they are about to go bathing...)
This one's cheating a bit but the bark on the crepe myrtle reminded me that I hadn't posted this photo of fungi on a tree-stump in Buronga about a month ago - shows how much rain we've had.
Back to Wentworth today.
One of our three pubs, with accompanying ute.
The window of Ruby's Cargo, doubtless styled by the inimitable Marg Whyte.
Another window at Ruby's - done out for Australia day.
Aren't reflections complicated???

3 comments:

  1. yes it is hot in the gallery, but was pleased to see there was no dogs in the utes maggie photographed

    ReplyDelete
  2. One for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl, four for a boy, as my maternal grandma would say. but what does the fifth magpie signify? One cannot plan without the requisite information.

    LJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lady Jayne - 5th magpie signifies missed mobile call.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete