Monday 27 June 2011

Merrily squawish

Bronwyn sent me a knitting book and we have been bantering about wigs and her disappointment that I'm not making this squaw wig.
Been there.
But it has reminded me that, many moons ago, when I first had a PC (computer, not police constable) on my desk at work, Gail the Computer Trainer told me that she had spell-checked a mail-merge letter and the computer had suggested changing the name of one woman to Merrily Whorish.  We were hysterical for about a fortnight.
This also made me realise that a cuppla images I had stored for Bron and Georgia had a bit of an American Indian theme.
For the squaw who has everything (except a good tracking record), a lovely offering from the June InStyle Magazine.
And this little number from the same issue, reminds me of a top I had 30 or so years ago.  It looks soooo Georgia to me.
The sort of thing George would whip up in an afternoon.
(My apologies and thanks to Gail Aa and Merriloy H for this post).

2 comments:

  1. We had the Elliot sister to dinner this evening and after cup cakes we ( or more correctly, Ms O) designed hats in the drawing room, a number of which had feathers, but nothing to match those shoes!

    Ms O was introduced to the Belle of the Ball dress yesterday, but for looking only. She was entranced!

    Touche on the squaw theme. When I come to think of it, our life experience has been so rich, that no crochet book could offer an unmet challenge. The thread of life has been knotted to perfection over and over and over....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that wrap? Cardi? Whatever. To me it looks like it was made by piecing together old blanket. V nice. I assume the shoes are for Bronny, as I am not really a heels sort of a gal. Although I have found that I quite like wedges

    ReplyDelete