Sunday 18 September 2011

Style Icon

Yippee.  Back to blogging.  Finally had the time and inclination tonight but couldn't access the server - but all appears ok now...  Will do some catch up photos later but for now just wanted to share with you this amazing book.

From the Wentworth Library, of course.  I love the cover but also the design.  I think my Mum and Dad must have had a  dinner service in this design.  I vaguely remember a bowl and am sure Mum still has a dinner plate, which she now uses as a cake plate.  The author has a blog signejohansen.com but I haven't checked it out yet.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, very simple and stylish, although I'm not sure there are that many secrets of scandi cooking... Good to have you back. I hope you keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ingredients are so different from those I grew up with. Lots of berries, which are my favourite fruit. But it is the reindeer design that really is the attraction for me.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture your Mother's grape tart (when gooseberries were not to be had) on the table - possibly on the aforementioned dinner plate.

    That tart came flooding into my mind last Saturday whilst in a gourmet bakery / cheese purveyor in Kingston. Someone was serving up a slice of gooseberry, lime and almond tart - yum! yum! Alas, not for me.

    BJD

    ReplyDelete