Saturday 9 July 2011

Food Frenzy

Hard to believe, but I've been cooking.  Lots of slow-cooked quinces - have eaten some with yoghurt for brekkie but have also frozen some to be used as a bed for pork fillet with caramelised onions.  Made glazed pumpkin and pumpkin puree - these are supposed to go on buckwheat pancakes but I didn't get around to that bit.  Pumpkins, walnuts, mandarins, quinces, I have to buy from the roadside stalls but today I had my first home-grown cumquat.  Oh yes, and a rocket salad from the garden.  All those years of watching cooking show have not been wasted.
Here's Rosie guarding a baby iris from possible marauders.  My Gardener Girl is a little tired these days.
I'm not game to test it but for some reason the idea that I'm no longer allergic to oats came into my head the other day...

1 comment:

  1. Our quinces were all spoiled by pests of some kind, hence no quince delights here. It has been a cooking weekend though, as Missy Lillian Ballerina visited for her first art event at the ANG, hence pumpkin (from the garden) soup and tiropites, with a steam jam sponge for fattening us all up.

    I now look rather like Rosie and am off to collapse into bed, before entertaining the Elliot sisters tomorrow. Alas, it is likely to be slim pickings for the exalted company!

    The heart is willing, but the ageing flesh is weak.

    ReplyDelete