Tuesday 15 November 2011

Slow flying fox

The quick brown fox survived the greedy red kangaroo and landed last Friday - at least that's when I got him upon my return from Albury.  I'm not sure if its a vixen or reynard.  I've been doing a little fox research.  At first he was to be Cadno which apparently is South Welsh for fox.  But then the girl / boy thing worried me and I realised that Samhain is the perfect name.  It is the Celtic festival held on 31 October - links to Halloween which has always been important to me.  The end of the Celtic year and the eve of the New Year.  Suits me just fine.  Samhain had a home (lair?) in my bedroom but I keep finding him all over the place - depends who comes into the gallery and who Steve shows him off to.
For those recently joining this blog... this fox was made and painted by Georgia and was purchased from her Etsy shop.  Look at Georgia's blog Verbosity (click on purple word or see side of this blog) to check it out.

1 comment:

  1. See, i think he's a boy, but samhain is a perfect name. In the original oI ute I painted him from, he was sitting in the snow, so it's probably a nice warm change for him.

    ReplyDelete