Monday 14 November 2011

A towns


Last week I went to Albury for training for work - Solution Focused Brief Therapy - and very good it was too.  Far too busy to take photos but did snap this Yabbie at Moulamein on the way home.  Mostly as I drove I was ruminating...

not unlike this cow.  This cow, and a few of similar ilk, lives at Longview Vineyard, a favourite haunt for Mum and me when I'm in Adelaide.  Good wine and truly superb tapas.

When in Adelaide week before last, I was sent on a mission by Steve.  Given it was at the Botanical Gardens, I was happy to accept.  Perhaps all Strelizias (????) look like this in bud, don't know, but it was pretty stunning.
This was my mission - to photograph the Gingko Gates.  I'm rather partial to gingkos - was very surprised to find them as street trees in Seoul a few years ago - apparently they survive pollution well.  Of course my camera, aka phone, died after a cuppla shots.  This is the Western Gate to the Gardens - more or less behind the Adelaide Hospital. The Gate leads into the Healing Garden, which is wonderful.  Not so sure of the Gate as a piece of art (which is why I was sent there).  It looks very Soviet in design to me, and doesn't sit well with my notion of gingko.  The detail, however, is exquisite.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely cow!! I must see those ginko gates.-Pem You may want to think back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Pembrokeshire in full)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ginkos too...they are all over the place in my neck of the woods too...we had a tree in our front yard when we lived in queens. I know what you mean about the gates. Would have worked better as a wall I think.... With water trickling down it maybe.

    So, did you like your fox?

    ReplyDelete