Friday 31 August 2012

Owl in Service

 Steve and I are off for a quick jaunt to Adelaide tomorrow to see Bangarra Dance Company - one of my favourite things to do.  I thought I'd finish off the last adventure before the next.  On returning to Wentworth, and still playing the Owl Service over in my head, I was somewhat astounded to find owls in service in Wentworth.  The Shire boys had planted new lawn and had come up with the idea of using owls and a hawk to deter grass seed chomping vandals.
 I'm not convinced that the ducks eat the grass seed but Steve thinks they are among the culprits.
There was a new sculpture at the Artback cafe and gallery - Murray Cod carved into a tree stump outside the cafe.
 I gardened all weekend because I'm an addict.  Steve indulged in the winter garden - there really is nothing more I can do until Spring kicks into action.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, I like your style. As soon as there is enough heat to allow me to sit in the gazebo, I do so in my winter woolies, alone, except for the birds and the garden pests. I can anticipate all of the potential lovelies that are waiting beneath the earth or are as yet hidden in buds. They give me a warm inner glow, well, they along with a cup of tea or as the days lengthen, a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete