Thursday 14 January 2016

OK

Thankfully blogging is not one of my NY Resolutions.  Sadly that's New Year not New York but the day will come.  Not that I'm complaining about Tribes.  I'm getting over my guilt at not working and my consequent terror of not earning any income.  It occurred to me last night that I am beginning to feel fortunate.  I have known for a long time that I am in a most fortunate situation.
Last night Steve and I and most of Triabunna / Orford filled our nearly refurbished Community Hall for the Orford Odeon's screening of Paper Planes. This Australian film did not meet with great critical acclaim (so I'm told) but if you have the chance to watch it with zillions of kids in the audience, go for it.  We pranced home buoyed by bonhomie and childish spirit.  Luckily the Orford Odeon is to be based at the Triabunna Community Hall which is an easy stroll for us. Minions is screening next Thursday if you're interested.
This morning I walked part of the cliff walk at Spring Beach.  The path was blocked by a father and son who were replacing a geocache (listen up Heths) they had cleverly located.  As I patiently gazed seaward through the pale blue brush stroke of water,sky and island, an arm appeared from the depths, Lady of the Lake-like.  A beautiful image to capture by a dumb Triabunny with no device on her.  It was, of course, a strong and confident swimmer slowly stroking across the bay.
I walked back via the road to check out a shrine to books which you can help yourself to.  Lots of interesting titles.  I chose
I have read a Han Suyin before, a true epic about the Himalayas, and I'm looking forward to this one, apparently autobiographical.

No comments:

Post a Comment