Friday 18 March 2016

The stash

I did very well for beautifully wrapped birthday gifts and cleared a shelf to display them and work myself into a frenzy.  After going to the gym and eating a soul nourishing lunch of coffee, a pear and Lindt chocolate, I began the unwrapping.
Silk from Myanmar.  Gorgeous things from Curly Tree which is housed in our former River Bank in Wentworth.  And a splendid mystery box which was so heavy I thought it may contain a ball for bowls, which would be entirely appropriate to my age.  But no.
A magnificent teapot.  Which could substitute for a Kettle Ball at the gym.  But in fact is to replace my quaint but handleless current teapot.
Plus, by coincidence, a complementary Margaret Preston print card
which I can't recall ever seeing before.  The day started with light rain and birdsong.  Later it developed into a full on gale which suited my purposes perfectly.  Wood fire, banana muffins, sausage roll and a glass of red.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful lot of loot. The teapot is beautiful. Hoping to put it to use with you one day. Sounds as if the day was perfect. Very envious that you have a horse to watch! FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely being able to gaze out on the horse on fine sunny days. But when it's windy and rainy my heart goes out to him and I want to bring him inside. XXXX

    ReplyDelete