Tuesday 23 August 2016

Bits and Pieces

Am writing this hurriedly as I'm off to a Fashion Show in a few minutes!  Will there be photographs?  We'll see.  In the meantime I'll use some photos that have been in waiting for a while.  The name of this post is very annoying and takes me back to a time when I was teaching a Small Print Media subject at the Brighton Municipality's Bridgewater / Gagebrook SkillShare.  We hunted around for a name for our newsletter and someone came up with the name 'The Bright Bridge Gage Book' which I thought was brilliant.  We put it to the vote and 'Bits and Pieces' won by a huge majority.  Which is when I realised I would never make it in politics.  Another insight came when one girl suggested interviewing the chemist.  I thought it was a good idea and asked her why she thought it was important. 'Well, you go to the chemist everyday', she said.  This was the same girl who believed in disciplining children by hitting because it never did her any harm.  I wonder where she is now.
summer socks and foot
finally an hellebore to grace the kitchen window sill
Jill very happy with her gift from Grandma
Jill and her Dad very happy in the early morning sun
first Icelandic poppy and an artist at work
Jill in training for the Tokyo Olympics
marigolds and irises without a dog in training
Also lots of coriander and failed hydrangea cuttings
the side of the studio that hopefully one day will resemble a St Davids hedgerow, polyanthus masquerading as primroses
the movie I saw at the Orford Odeon last Tuesday
$15 purchased entry, glass of cab merlot, Mars Bar and 3 raffle tickets.
our stall at the Village Market last Sunday
not much doing but
And where am I now?  Back from the Fashion Show at Buckland.  Great fun.  Tables groaning with finger food lunch.  Elegant outfits sourced from the Op Shop.  Mortal models who walk among us everyday.  But I wasn't game to take photos.





1 comment:

  1. Oh the garden is so lovely and cheery. Judging by the photos it looks as if you've had glorious spring weather lately. Kate and the Fleurieu Floosie adore hellebores so there was a twinge of envy when seeing that gorgeous specimen in your vase.

    ReplyDelete