Monday 4 March 2019

the rest of February

The days really do go frighteningly quickly.  Steve spent a cuppla days in Melbourne checking out the Escher exhibition and other arty stuff.

I'm in a bit of a Daphne Du Maurier frame of mind so Rebecca immediately came to mind with this boatshed at East Shelley Beach.  We did a walk because gym was cancelled that day.
Here is the book that got me into the DdM frenzy.  I'll explain more later, if I remember.  Have had a few memory issues, like losing my glasses, the Gatehouse keys and a cheque for $1400. I managed to solve all the mysteries but am still a bit traumatised.


Went to a friend's house for morning tea after Zumba last Tuesday.

Currently we have a traffic light between Triabunna and Orford while they do bridge works.  So there's an opportunity to take a photo from the highway.

A few gratuitous garden shots.  The Lebanese zucchini has got its act together.
First go at growing corn in a long time.
Developing a new bit so I can move the succulents.  Frost may be a problem, so its a bit experimental.
Steve moved a few things to mow the lawn and I think the result is rather winsome.  Note my red Cox's Pippins.
I tidied up this bit at the weekend.  I hadn't realised it was a hotbed of harlequin bugs.  Now the war is on.
unearthed some garlic

Work has started on The Barracks building.  The archaelogical digs are over.  The owners' house is to be built at the back
and the stone buildings are to be B&Bs.  Definitely a space to be watched.

2 comments:

  1. Red apples look superb, and on such a smallish tree, too.
    The Daphne DM memoir book sounds interesting. Any good?
    And yay for the B&Bs. A great boost for Triabunna I would imagine. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple trees have been impeded by the pittosperums along the caravan park fence which block out the sunlight. Am now in process of chopping down the pitts in such a way that Mel can chip them. That's the sort of thing we love doing here in Tribes.
    I love the DDuM (unfortunate) book. I think, as a writer, you would enjoy it too. She explains how Cornwall took ahold of her and encouraged her to write. She also 'places' her novels.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete