Tuesday 24 December 2019

S is for Small but perfectly formed

Well I suppose it could be me.  Jill PD must have taken this photo while we were waiting for the Christmas Parade, possibly to illustrate my potential as fresh noodles.
But in fact I had in mind the Christmas Parade itself.  After last year's schmozzle I thought there may not be a parade this year, but there was.  And it was small but somehow perfect.  All done in such a spirit of good fun and generous community spirit.

Here they come now

and there they go, having done a U-y in Melbourne Street.  I think this is for the benefit of Drummer Clare.  Up until last year they used to circumnavigate our block of houses and caravan park but I think with an ageing tarton population...

Jill and I joined Mel and Co.  outside her Dad's house.  This was much to the advantage of this little girl because every time Jill waved to parading people we were showered in lollies.
This is my friend Murray artfully disguised (I'm talking about the taller one).
Jill was most perturbed by this reindeer whose legs swung as he walked.  Jill stood her ground with some barks.  The reindeer does have a look in his eye.

Earlier in the day we did our last tai chi for the decade at the Community Health Centre.
Once again they had gone to a little trouble with their decorations.  And gave us delicious scones for morning tea.

On Sunday we went to an amazing concert at the Spring Bay Mill, Van Diemen's Band's Christmas with the TYO Tasmanian Youth Chorale.  You can only see part of the Band here, and sadly can't see the beautiful and fascinating old instruments they play, apart from the hurdy gurdy.  Beautiful sounds.

And lastly, the Christmas Tree at the council offices.
M E R R Y   C H R I S T M A S

No comments:

Post a Comment