Friday 27 December 2019

T is for Tons of things: toast, trowel, turkey, towelling teddy bears, tea towel, twitching, teapot

Christmas Day started like any other day, except that I had toast with grapefruit marmalade thanks to Her Royal Highness, Queen of Hearts and Stomachs.

Gradually Christmas asserted itself,

as did anticipation and being a very good dog.

It was a simple repast because Steve and I decided all we really felt like was ham, turkey and waldorf salad.  One person (and it wasn't Jill) had a glass of red.

The Christmas decorations were a little spartan and Father Christmas is, presumably, trapped behind that glass door.  But somehow the presents had arrived.

At Jill's insistence, the first to be opened was a trowel that she thought was just the thing for That Lady, having seen it on a trip into Sorell with her Dad.

These very clever face washer bears arrived from South Korea.  Sadly they fell victim to the Black Hand Gang.  Jill PD may have had something to do with this because she was very taken with the white bear and carried it around proprietarily, as evidenced by the black hairs.  Actually, the Jills may have been in cahoots.

These jaunty mugs were also from Sarah and Miyeon and must have cost a fortune to send from Korea.  They did bear the good news that Sarah is hoping to visit in 2020.

As well as the gardening gloves, Fleurieu Floosie sent this teatowel.  Steve and I spent quite some time deciding whose caravan was whose.  I think the yellow one is mine - note new bathers, radio tuned to ABC Classic, deckchairs and esky filled with Jantz.  You may have also noted the salad servers straight from the Seychelles.

But wait, these gorgeous chaps are also from the Floosie. Why she would associate me with a pelican I can't imagine...

And then there's the teapot H Bells bought for me at the Central Market in Adelaide.  It is for jasmine tea.
I haven't featured the binoculars Steve thoughtfully gave me, having noticed my evolving interest in local bird life.  And I did excitedly spy on the lonely Pied Oystercatcher on a log in Maclaine's Estuary on Boxing Day.

Soooo many presents!  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

We were all quite overcome and had to have a good lie down.

2 comments:

  1. What a Christmas. I absolutely love that teapot!!!!! A jasmine tea please when next I am in Tribes. I did notice a bike leaning up against the green caravan so thought that may have been yours, though it is not yellow (the bike that is). Oh, and I love the minimialist Christmas decorations too. We are following a simialr theme here as little Bix has destroyed the tree and the silver baubles have become his favourite toys! FF

    ReplyDelete