Saturday 22 August 2020

Another wet weekend

It's been raining just about all week and rained heavily last night so Jill PD and I decided not to free-range in our usual weekend space and checked out the school garden instead.  It's undergone some changes this year.

They've gone crazy for bee  / insect houses

and become a bit Gothic.


While Steve and Jill PD attended to The Village, I decided to have a go at making ricotta.  This is something I've long wanted to do because it is not available locally, and I remember how delicious it was when Ginny and I made it at her place just outside Deniliquin using the whey from our camembert making.  Best camembert and ricotta I've ever eaten.  Today I had to content myself with ricotta only, using the excess of milk from the miracle of Steve and I both remembering to buy it.

It's very easy.  I used this recipe .

Just-made ricotta, just-cooked silverbeet from the garden and lots of nutmeg =  delicious lunch.


Trying to get a jump on Spring by starting seeds in the kitchen.

It's like Harvest Festival around here.  Steve's banana muffins.  Mel and Rob's pumpkin.  My rhubarb and ginger chutney - bit heavy handed with the ginger.

1 comment:

  1. That school garden is amazing. All concerned should be congratulated o. how good it looks. Your cooking adventures sound wonderful and the results rather mouthwatering, though I am not a big cheese fan I'm afraid. I love home-baked goods. And I see Steve is still at it (I have very fond memories of his sausage rolls). We've been soaked all week but there is sunshine predicted for the next few days - and spring is certainly just around the corner so perhaps there may be a ceremony for the unfurling-of-the red-devil soon. FF

    ReplyDelete