Friday 4 September 2020

Some people

were very rude about Bling & Bubbly zumba 

but,as you can see, we enjoyed ourselves.  Despite it being 10.30am.  The bling was very tasteful being largely crystal, marquisite or pearls.  Jen, on the left above with a unicorn headband, being a possible exception.  However, she maintains our high regard because she is building a wonderful weatherboard house with French doors on the other side of the marina.


I'm not finding much time for reading but am struggling womanfully (like a woman with a niece studying astrophysics or some such) with this book about an astronaut who gets left behind on Mars.  It's full of what I consider to be technical detail because the author has to demonstrate how much he knows about the space program despite not being part of it.  Plus it would be hard to fill a book about someone living on Mars without some technical explanations.

Lady Jayne rewarded my persistence with a profound tea-towel, presumably found during an archaeological dig of times before dishwashers roamed the earth.
It definitely coincides with my daily needs.

Others have also been solicitous of my needs.  Keri has adopted the Reduce, Re-use, Recycle philosophy and last week brought around 7 puffer jackets for me to choose from.  This week she produced more coats and 7 shirts.  I have greedily taken 3 shirts because I realised I can wear them over my Wentworth summer gear which has largely been unaired for quite a while.  Ignore the orange jumper - I actually bought that.

Last Saturday brought an Open Day at the Spring Bay Mill.  I was particularly lucky because I went on the tour led by the owners, and I was accompanied by Phil who used to work at the mill.  It was lovely to see and hear the plans for the future while Phil was explaining how the mill operated in the past.
The Glamping area is well under development.

Cooking facilities for Glampers.
Walking the boundaries
back to the sea.  The land beyond the fence is actually Crown Land but is managed by the Mill.
Driving home, I felt elated.  What a wonderful adventure Triabunna is proving to be. 
Later in the weekend I recalled how much I had enjoyed the 4 night SBS special 'Hungry Ghosts'.  It was so good to see Vietnamese culture on tv and hear the language again.  That was another adventure.

Wednesday was Mum's 94th birthday and she sounded chirpy.

Thursday was Road Trip Day and we jaunted off to Bicheno because we'd heard of a patisserie there.  Covid 19 restrictions meant there wasn't room for us inside so we took our coffee and pastries out to the community garden, which was all rather perfect.  

Bicheno proved to have a lot on offer besides beautiful granite rocks and sea views.  When I'm with Steve I don't get to shop crawl.  Great fun.  Although the only thing I bought for myself is a bottle of worm juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment