Sunday 14 February 2021

a short report

Saturday I worked at a leisurely pace in the garden.  I have it in my head that autumn is the time for native plants so I'm working in preparation.  This mostly involves trimming grasses, moving stones and mulching, so not wildly exciting.  Of course there's a lot of ball throwing too.

Sunday dawned as the most perfect day.  I took my togs to Spring Beach and joined the crowd, probably about 20 of us, apparently the largest gathering to date.  I had a meeting at 10am, then spent a productive afternoon in the garden unmolested by a certain dog who was at The Village with her Dad.

Beautiful soft rain overnight has continued through the day.  Hedge trimming plans are put on hold, and the opportunity to get into these library books is very welcomed.  I'm still reading the wonderful Well Gardened Mind but have started on this Rivers book.  Three non-fiction reads on the go!  The rivers book is also totally enjoyable, a well written account of some of Australia's rivers, entwining history and photos old and new.

In all honesty, I haven't started on this one yet.  Just the cover makes me feel exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment