Friday 2 April 2021

and so this is Easter

This is my first Easter in Triabunna!  Easterers have been gadding about at this time of year since 2010.  Last year was cancelled due to covid and I spent Easter Sunday in quarantine in Launceston.  So this was to be the year I went to the fabled Fish Fest at Okehampton Beach - except that's been cancelled and the footy club is holding a tightly controlled bbq at the oval instead.  I haven't even tried to get tickets.  So far the only Eastery thing I've done is try to sell raffle tickets for the school raffle.  I was spectacularly unsuccessful because the last thing my friends wanted to win is a hamper of Easter Eggs.  The school raised over $1000 from the raffle, so someone wanted Easter Eggs.

I lie a bit because Louise gave us each an Easter Egg at Zumba and one of The Helens bought this cute cake at The Eastcoaster when we went for apres Zumba coffee.  That's my half eaten egg you can see.

The house modifications have begun with the washing machine being plumbed into the kitchen.  The laundry is scheduled to be demolished on next Tuesday.  This all requires a bit of re-organisation in the house and, while seeking 'a place for everything', I found a stash of photos.
 
I stared long and hard at this one and convinced myself it was taken in Hanoi.  Then I noticed the pink rabbit and a little girl who looked a lot like Ella a long time ago.
Yup, it was the day Georgia, Ella and I went to Nutcote, May Gibbs' house
on Neutral Bay.  I was obviously fond of the rabbit.
And perhaps the garden too.

Fleurieu Floosie offered to buy me Welsh Poppy seeds for my birthday and sent me a link to order them from.  Fatal, of course.  I ordered a few more things and redesigned my Magic Squares.

There's also those 90 daffodil bulbs to plant.  I made a start today on what is to be known grandly as The Bulb Lawn.
I have also been attending to my civic duties, helping with the placement of this interpretation sign for Friends of Triabunna Reserves.
You probably don't need 2 photos, but I was taken with the reflections in the estuary, and you can see Lauren is back in action.

Thursday, Georgia took possession of her Triabunna house.  She hasn't actually seen it yet but we have the keys.
It calls for a celebration.  Also the first selfie I've been able to take.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter. At Villa Viejo here in Encounter Bay there is not an egg in sight. The only Eastery thing are the hot cross buns, which I have been eating non-stop since they appeared in the shops in January!!!! Lashings of butter and fig and almond jam. What more could a gal want? I have never been to Nutcote, but I would love to visit. I love old photos so hoping to see more from you. How exciting to have Georgia nearby and a huge garden project ahead of you all. When is she moving in? FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had only that one Easter egg, and had my first Hot Cross bun today. We're a little slow in the provinces.
    Georgia is booked to travel in June but who knows how that will pan out in these unprecedented times.
    See you soon!
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete