Saturday 27 March 2021

Happy returns

My birthday week may have been routine but this week has brought unexpected delights.  But to go back to my pre-FoTR meeting birthday treat:

this was what we had FYI Fleurieu Floosie.  Total junk food but irresistibly delicious.  Yes, we should have had dipping sauces, cut chili, herbs and leaves for wrapping but, apart from soy sauce, we ate them au naturel.
.
I love how yous know me so well.  Every card captures something I love.

The bulbs I ordered, with Christmas money from Mum, arrived.

the quince never falls far from the tree

This is an amazing book.  Who knew the Hawkesbury river system existed before the Blue Mountains?  The information is as gob-smacking as Bill Gammage's The Biggest Estate on Earth but the writing is more spell binding and given with an emphasis on the feminine.  It's a slow read because I have to read a section and then ponder on it while doing house-worky things.

Foraged quinces but spiffing Pippins from my tree.
The quinces were slow-cooked today.

after yesterdays garden clean-out following 2 days of soft rain

Jill PD has taken to sleeping on my bed.  It's like old times with Rosie and Sis.
The descant recorder Steve gave me for my birthday reclines on the bedside washstand.
This is my latest project .

2 comments:

  1. Ah The Dynasty Banquet revealed. Wow - it says '60 pack'. Love the quince and tree! You are definitely doing a Wordsworth with the bulbs. Where are they going? And the book sounds up my alley. Will try and get a copy. The Hawkesbury river system is certainly getting a battering at the moment, isn't it. You must bring your recorder with you to Adelaide. If I can't locate mine, at least you can do a solo. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall bring my recorder. So far I can play B and A so my repertoire is limited. I have been working on the area for the daffodils today. Basically it is the strip of ground behind Studio 2. Nothing pretentious about us. Greedy, but. XXXX

    ReplyDelete