Sunday 1 May 2022

coasting

One of the many good things about travel is the chance to think.  My journeys up and down Adelaide's west coast made me realise that it is the vast open sea that fills me with a sense of peace.
Hallet's Cove Beach looking north

looking west

and very civilised looking south
In Tasmania on the East Coast, islands and peninsulas break up the seascape.  To me, this somehow looks less tranquil but more sacred.

Here are some of my favourite SA things.
spot the magpies?

2 really pretty plants, probably natives, in planter boxes at Brighton Station


Pearl's place

wine made by Pearl's rels

the city's mix of old and new

the recently opened gateway from the Adelaide Railway Station to the banks of the Torrens

across to the cricket ground

back into the railway station

But let's not forget what the trip was about:
I usually get lunch specials from Sunisa's Thai restaurant down the road from Mum's nursing home.  This time I finally got to take Mum into the restaurant.
The menu took a bit of study.
Mum had her first Green Curry.  She was moderately pleased with her choice - the vegetables could have been cooked longer...

books borrowed from the Atrium at the nursing home

Pearl and I returned to the  Indian restaurant at Henley Beach.  My plan was to have the chocolate samosas again.
Foolishly, I thought I'd try a non-alcoholic pina colada instead of wine.  After biryani, beef curry and garlic cheese naan, there was no room for samosas.  Next time.

And then it was time to return to Tassie, leaving Pearl's at 6.30am.
lovely to watch the day dawn
by the time I got my phone out, the chap had stopped playing
Never know where a grand piano is going to turn up these days.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to see Adelaide through your eyes. The railway station gateway looks fab. Looking forward to one day seeing it! And I loved the words on Pearl's poster. The drink looks nice but, dare I say, nothing as exciting as the cocktails we had on my last Adelaide visit. Lovely to take your mum out - she looks very involved. Any book with a soft-boiled egg on the cover must be a
    winner. And lastly, loved the grand piano - a true touch of class. FF


    ReplyDelete