Saturday 10 September 2022

Back home in Tribes

It's nice to be  home and feeling well again.  I'm still a bit deaf - leading to some amusement when I asked a student at school lunch today whether they were going to the beach or a swimming pool this afty.  I thought she'd said they were going swimming, apparently she'd said they were going surfing...  These kids really do have some great subject choices.  Though, admittedly it is cold and wet today.

The photo below was taken a cuppla days ago, but with similar weather.
I love that Triabunna is still a working fishing port

a section of Georgia's garden

my daffodil alley



a view of my garden that you don't get to see often,
but that I spend a lot of time thinking about
and planning for

a rather dark photo of the quince tree getting ready to spring into action
 
a view of the productive garden
though not terribly productive at the moment

And then, of course, there's reading.
I don't understand how someone living in the USA can write so  knowledgeably about England, but Elizabeth George seems to.  This book centres around Female Genital Mutilation in England's Nigerian and Somali communities.  I learnt a lot.
This one restored my equilibrium.  Books, boats and nice men.  Delightful.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh how I love 'visiting' your garden and enjoying the comings and goings of the seasons. Daffodils are truly a host of. The quince tree will look fabulous (I think I told you that a friend here has one and it is so pretty). You certainly have lots of different 'rooms' in your garden which makes for interesting vistas.

    ReplyDelete