Saturday, 22 August 2026

time on my hands

Got up bright and early, bought croissants and got ready to go to Reece Plumbing under plumber's orders to get a pedestal mixer and bottle trap.  Fortunately checked online and discovered the place doesn't open on Sundays.  So a brief update.
The first part of the bathroom plan is to replace this
with this.
Georgia made the basin and the guy who did my front fence made the stand.  I shall report when it's mission accomplished.

My next blog post was going to be to recommend these two books, so here they are.
This is clearly written and contains top information on the neurological structure and function of the brain, and a plan to get / keep your brain in tip top form.
I'm a great believer in the wisdom of indigenous culture and a great wisher that Western 'civilisation' would embrace it, so this is the book for me.  Both are library books.

Around the house:
yesterday I awoke to a rainbow in the bedroom window

looking at my back door

blossoming house warming present from the Floosie

Over and out.  Listening to the Floosie on Fleurieu FM

1 comment:

  1. Oh I do love the pedestal and basin. Absolutely gorgeous. Tres chic.
    I would have liked a couple of tips from the brain book. And was that a hint that I should play Creedance Clearwater's Out My Back Door???
    Daffodils simply bloomin' lovely.

    ReplyDelete