Tuesday 9 February 2010

Monday Monday

Not quite sure what day it is in blogland. It's Tuesday here but, if I'm lucky, it may still be Monday according to this blog. I had a lovely day yesterday, including a cuppla hours work, and didn't get around to blogging. But I did take some phone photos. Steve went to Canberra on Saturday with the camera to see the Post Impressionist exhibition (Professional Development).
Anyway, here's a small record of my day. Started out with brekky in the garden - I opened the garage door so I could see out to the river.
It was very hot and humid so took dogs for a swim. Later in the afternoon I had to go into Mildura to feed the dog of a friend of mine who is away at the moment. On the way home I bought meaty bones from the Merbein Butcher (Sissi and Rose are on the Raw Meaty Bones diet - which I think is known as BARF these days ie bones and raw food), some figs from a roadside stall, some garlic from another stall and then I saw this
the first drying grapes I've seen this season. These will become your sultanas. The racks look fabulous lining the roadside.
Not bad photos given I couldn't see their image on the phone cos the sun was so bright.

2 comments:

  1. Ah bliss... not sure I can see the river even with the door open. Don't tell Honey about the Barf diet- she'll get ideas. Her diet consists of one cup of dry food once a day and any scraps of wet cat food that the cats leave. She takes the tin to her crate like a guilty treat- I have to clean them out now and again- it's like a recycling center in there. I like the idea of fresh figs...mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No,you're right. You can't actually see the river because of the levee bank (fortunately the water level hsn't come up that far...)but you can see the river gums. And I know it's there!!! Tried to leave a comment on your blog but it wouldn't let me. I think the new style will make a great Christmas card. Here's to a great wwekend and a very happy anniversary.
    Maggie XXXX

    ReplyDelete