Sunday 14 February 2010

Yay Monday

Had a fabulous weekend.  Spent great time at the library on Saturday talking opal mining with members of the Wentworth Historical Society, then got myself a blind-date with a book for Valentine's Day.  It wasn't my sort of book but I've read it and learned from it - I was particularly interested in the part doodle-bugs played in London life during WW2.  My Mum and Dad have spoken about the fear when they heard the engine drone stop and knew the bomb was homing in.  It was the silence that was so sinister.
Sunday I went to the Captain Sturt pub for a ladies do to raise money for a local lady with breast cancer.  My friend Helen won some local Trentham Estate wines and kindly gave me one.  I won a vodka cruiser straw for my stirring rendition of Incey Wincy Spider - the things we do for community...
Then today - Monday!!!!! - I've been to the gym, then Varapodio Olive Estate to get some locally grown sultanas, then Isa Brown's Hens to get some free-range eggs.  UnfortunatelyI didn't have camera or work phone with me so no photos.  But I did take these a cuppla weekends ago...
 
  
Last year I took seeds from these sunflowers to grow in my garden, figured they must be drought tolerant...

No comments:

Post a Comment