Wednesday 24 February 2010

Signs of... Easter...

Not the Easter Eggs in the supermarket, not the Hot Cross Buns in the bakery, not even the plans for the Gang of Four to have their annual get-together but Easter Lillies.  I went to Portland for the weekend to visit the Southern Belle formerly known as Mrs History.  And there are Easter lillies all over the place between Portland and Warnnambool.  And water.  Of course, I had a fabulous weekend.  I don't have a camera but used my phone for a few pictures.
Upon arrival I was greeted by a koala bear.  Jill's (very large) garden also abounds in blue wrens and a multitude of other birdlife.  We went to whaleboat races at Warnnambool and had a perfect seafood lunch at Proudfoot's on the river.
 
Bit hard to see the whaleboats, I know, but there were 3 of them - including a crew from USA.
And here's Southern Belle at home:
 
  
  
Pretty special place eh?  And then there's another special place on the long drive home past the Grampians.
 
This is Cherrypool between Hamilton and Horsham - highly recommended for a pit-stop.

2 comments:

  1. Bet you had a lovely time! I think that all the Easter stuff happens way too early. Easter lillies can be excused- but eggs and buns should wait just a bit longer. I always feel so sorry for those doing lent! Jills house reminds me of 01...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,very reminiscent of 01 but heaps bigger and on acres of land - a lavender grove and agisting horses - and views across pasture to the sea.

    ReplyDelete