Sunday 12 October 2014

Tripping and new shoes

I have just returned from Adelaide and Corinne's funeral.  It was wonderfully done and I want to hold it in my head for a while.  So I thought I'd share my Portland trip with you, which I have so far neglected to blog.  I will share, though, that Lady Jayne gave me 2 pairs of fabulous shoes, one of which totally negated the need to purchase the ones I bought the week before...  Consequently Mum gave me a big bag with wheels to accommodate the shoe boxes and extra weight.  To be honest, the weight came from books  which fell into my hands, as they do.


March 8th is a very important date for Lady Jayne, my Mum and Dad, and women in general.  It was the day we auctioned River Bank this year, and the day I snuk off to Portland cos I'm too much a coward to attend an auction.  Southern Belle assuaged me with good food,


good drink and great company.

I was allowed to feed the horse
and could have stayed until the cows came home.

For reasons unknown I looked like a cross between my Dad and Fu Manchu.

At the end of Jill's road I stopped to take a photo of Treloars' Roses (remember Jill sent me a Gold Bunny from there recently)
and on the way home I passed through Warracknabeal, now home to the lovely Sashi Babe.

On my way to Triabunna today, I finally remembered to take this photo for Georgia.  Many years ago, Georgia sketched the ironwork on Wirksworth House for an event there held by the Bellerive Historical Society - we used it to publicise the event.  Interesting that the Education Department has had the same idea.

1 comment:

  1. Which for some reason reminds me that the big, busty woman at Fullarton was a wicker woman.
    Change "r" to "d" and you have us!

    ReplyDelete