Saturday 1 June 2019

First Winter Sunday, first frost

I got up a little later this morning to celebrate the first Sunday of winter.  I wanted to watch the light steal into the bedroom and hear the birds singing.  Outside it was frosty and slightly misty.  Very beautiful.  (I really must find a way to get rid of those marks on the camera - much as I like the black moon.)

Jill and I came back from the Gatehouse via the school garden.  I've been wanting to photo these hands and keep forgetting.  The students used ochre and I've heard that they were very impressed by the young Aboriginal people who led the activity.

Some rather captivating cauliflowers are emerging.

Yesterday I joined the Orford Community Group to make boomerang bags .  I had the job of ironing the straps, which is about the limit of my ironing ability.  I have some cut-out  bags to sew at home so hopefully will be able to show you a finished product.  I find it hard to believe that there is a need for such bags.  I thought we all carried shopping bags around with us but, it seems, not so.  The local supermarket is keen to have them for sale to offer shoppers an alternative to plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment