Sunday 9 June 2019

The Thump

The first time I heard of ECCAI (The East Coast Community Arts Initiative  https://www.facebook.com/eastcoastcommunityartsinitiative/ ) I immediately thought of Ecky Thump and The Goodies.  I've been to a cuppla Thumps, most recently on Saturday.  It was a literary festival in Swansea and Her Majesty was to read two Les Murray poems before we dined.
Lunch was at Piermont http://piermont.com.au/restaurant/ which is rather swisho
as are the views
and the stone work so reminiscent of some of my favourite St Davids buildings.
The food was  fabulous and the serves generous.  Our 2 course meal was $45 each, so not cheap but good value for exciting food.  I didn't take any photos, not wanting to look gauche before the glitterati.

After lunch Her Majesty and I went for a stroll around the property.  There are Edna Wallingesque cottages to rent or buy, plus some groovy modern places being built - see Piermont website for investment opportunities!

When we got back to the restaurant, we had the place to ouselves so did a quick re-enactment of Her Majesty's poetry reading.
It really was very special.

We followed the crowd to the Swansea Community Hall, or so we thought, but somehow we were among the first there so sat right up the front.  Our fellow diners must have gone for a siesta or suchlike.  In the photo above you can see poet Sarah Day's left arm and Pufferfish series author David Owen's back.  Sarah interviewed David, then David interviewed Meg Bignell author of The Sparkle Pages.  I love Sarah and David's work and am 87th on the library holds list to read Meg's book...
I needed to get my Cymru cushion from the car for someone who complained about the seats.

We left as evening washed over Swansea.
Another magic day.

And then today Her Majesty told me she'd had a phone call last night to say that she had won the raffle!!!!  A night's accommodation at Piermont.  Lucky thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment