Wednesday 20 November 2019

Q is for Quo Vadis?

And the answer is Adelaide, of course.  I leave tomorrow to drive to Devonport for the night ferry and drive Melbourne to Adelaide on Saturday.  And quando quando quando do I return?  Saturday 14 December.
With absolutely no Q qualities that I can think of, here is last blog's Augusta Luise bud in full bloom

They don't look quite as stunning from a distance...

Saturday was the Flower and Craft Show held in the school gym and for some reason these entries appealed to me.
Quenching, perhaps.
Her Majesty, Queen of Hearts and Sun Queen, won first prize for her tussy mussy.  Admittedly it was the only entry but it has long been a quest of hers, coming second last year, and third the year before.

Some real quenching on Tuesday after Zumba.  You may recall that the Zumbettes held a similar event probably about a year ago, on Robyn's land before her house was built.  It has just been completed and they have moved in.   The house and deck are rather special.

Que?
These rather stunning red seed pods are on last year's radishes.

I tend to overlook these roses at the front gate because the plant was there when we moved in and not part of my plan.  People stop to look and photograph them, and I only realised this morning that it is unusual to have different coloured flowers on one plant.

It has been a hot, constantly windy day today.  I'm very glad I wasn't driving to Devonport.  Tomorrow is forecast to be milder.  It is Steve's birthday and we're having pizza.  Maybe a glass of red...

No comments:

Post a Comment