Sunday 9 February 2020

in brief

Friday night we drove to Swansea for the opening of the Glamorgan Spring Bay 7th Art Prize.  Steve had an entry but didn't win - though his work did have a yellow sticker on it.  We're not sure what that means!
This work appealed to me because it is so similar to a work H Bells did as a child in England to accompany a poem she had written.  Note it also has a yellow sticker.  The work is entitled What is Swimming for Me, Mixed Inks, by Jen Duhig.

On the home front, I whipped up a silverbeet pie / spanokopita from silverbeet Mr O Henry had given me.  I included some mint from Mrs O Henry's herb pots, and eggs from Mel's chooks.  On one occasion (it lasts me for ages because I'm the only one who will eat it) I served it with the grated salad made from apples and beetroot from our garden and carrots from the school garden.  Very satisfying.

Can't get too excited by the Cox's Orange Pippin crop.  We scored 5 whole apples, shared a couple with birds and sacrificed a few to birds and, possibly, a possum.  This is an even smaller crop than last year - as were the apricots.  Somehow I have to lift my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment