Saturday 1 February 2020

Yay for Facebook!!!!!

I got a hot tip (a red hot tip) that there was a photo of our tai chi celebration on  https://www.facebook.com/thecolonialfoodandwine/ .  I had a vague memory of Mielita, who owns The Colonial, coming out and taking some photos on Friday but had totally forgotten in my zen-like state.  Or it may have been the Jantz.

Yesterday His and Her Majesty, Mrs O Henry and I had lunch at Piedmont Estate, just south of Swansea.  We had been promising ourselves this indulgence for their birthdays but somehow never got there.  Yesterday we included my birthday (ie next month) as well.  It was a suberb meal.  The Majesties had hanger steaks, which I'd never heard of but apparently Nigella cooks them.  I had a taste and it was perfect.  Mrs O Henry and I shared a whole baked snapper, and we all shared 'sides' of smoky zucchini, crispy potatoes with garlic and rosemary, and tangy leaves.  Mrs O had some strawberry thing for dessert and I had a delicious smoky goats milk flan with white peach - bit like a leche flan and absolutely gorgeous.  I also had a glass of Freycinet Cab Merlot which was also excellent.  No complaints at all.  Plus it rained!!!

After lunch I hurried to the Orford Bowls Club to help set up for the Spring Bay Suicide Prevention Network dinner to celebrate 10 years of the Network's existence. 
I had to give the dinner a miss because Steve and I had tickets for the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra do at the Spring Bay Mill.
These are such amazing opportunities.  Seven minute drive, $35 a ticket, park right outside.  Couldn't be easier.  We sat right at the front, Steve actually had a beanbag to lounge in.  Here's the TSO getting ready.  They, possibly condescendingly, wear flannelette shirts and Blunstone boots for these events.

Here's the very exciting program.
And here's a very contented Steve after the show, with some of the sunflowers from last Saturday's Celebration.  The living is easy!  May it last.  And spread beyond my little patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment