Saturday 29 February 2020

silly me

I said that I couldn't remember last weekend.  Well, it came back to me.  It centred around delivering and picking up Madam Cyn from the Maria Island ferry, then lunching at the East Coaster, between Orford and Triabunna.  We  lingered over the Seafood Tower - 3 tiers of seafood.  Sadly it was not all local but it made for a lovely meal with 2 glasses of Devil's Corner pinot grigio, and chocolate pannacotta for dessert.  After a bit of a drive around we went back to the ferry terminal to await the return of Mr Cyn.  All this on a warm sunny day.  Perfect.
I foolishly skited to you about Fran's fashion shows and her shop at the Village.  Imbecile!  She is shutting shop, selling house and moving elsewhere.
And as for Jackie Morris.  I thought she hadn't blogged for months but in desperation I went to her blog and there are a cuppla entries that don't show on my page for some reason.  I must check more often.
The other silly thing is that for years I've avoided testing the soil in my garden even though I'm constantly hearing how important this.  I did buy a soil testing kit many years ago but it was so complicated I never used it.  After the pruning demo at the Village and the urging of the presenter, I bought a kit and now can't stop running around the garden testing, testing, testing.  It has truly been a revelation.  Soily me.
We are not totally devoid of gardening success.
Here's Steve returning from the Golden Delicious tree
and sampling the fruit of his labour.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I've always wanted to test my soil but I have never wanted to actually hand over money for a kit. I know it's clay. And i put lots of manure and compost into it, but whether it is acid or alkaline, who knows. I suspect acid. Let's know what you have discovered and how it has helped you. I somehow got onto your blog of 7 years ago Our House and marvelled at the glorious garden pix - passionfruit, hibiscus, roses, and the stairway to Heaven.... But, as with me, moving house just means new insights, new plants, new designs - but the same passion. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall bring my trusty testing kit with me and we'll run amok in your garden.
    Ah yes, River Bank. Lovely memories. And a very different garden!
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete