Tuesday 22 December 2020

More adventures

The lead up to Christmas has been wonderful for me.  Lots of little 'end of year celebrations'.  Last Saturday was the Summer Solstice Swim at Raspins Beach with all funds going to the Spring Bay Suicide Prevention Network.

Dot and I emerging triumphant from our swim

this way please for the Covid compliance

working up the courage

bolder and bolder

very brave

judging the fancy dress
What a sterling bunch.  Talking of which we raised $416.35 and had a great time.  I'm even thinking of joining the 9am Sunday Swim group next year.  The afternoon was devoted to sushi at Little Swanport.  Then I hit the wall and was catatonic until Monday, even missing the last Village Market of the year, though I did manage the Van Diemen's Band Christmas Carols at the Mill on Sunday afternoon.

Monday was the last day of my goody commitments.  I had to drive to Swansea to bank the money the School Association raised with its Christmas Raffle.  So I made the most of it with a peruse of the shops and a meal at Salt Shaker.  I was hoping to go to Tellers, a former bank and now a restaurant but, of course, it was closed on Mondays.  I've eaten at the Salt Shaker before on a road trip with Their Majesties and Mrs O Henry.  It was good then and it was good on Monday.  It's easy to get quality fish and chips on the East Coast but fish cooked any other way is elusive.  Above is salt & pepper squid with a salad of blueberries, broccoli and unidentified delicious stuff.  Also a glass of Kelvedon sauv blanc which was excellent.  I passed the Kelvedon vines on the way home.  That's the sort of thing I love about living here.

Someone had gone to a lot of trouble to deck Swansea for Christmas.  This one amused me, not knowing whether or not the allusion to a snowman was intentional.  In addition to the usual painted cut out decorations, there was a lot of yarn bombing.  I must say Swansea radiated far more Christmas spirit than Triabunna, where I can't think of any public Christmas displays.  Sadly our Council has fallen into disarray.

I dropped into Salt Works on the way home just because it is always so calm and beautiful.  I took lots of photos of landing pelicans and congregations of shorebirds but they (the photos) were really not up to scratch.

Monday evening it was off to the church grounds to collect Wallaby Grass seed  for the Pulchella Community Nursery LandCare Group.
Could anything be more idyllic?

1 comment:

  1. How brave of you to swim but such a lovely photo of you. Joining the swim group would be fabulous for you. Hope you kept some of the grasses for yourself. See you soon. FF

    ReplyDelete