Monday 18 January 2021

so nice to come home to

The garden has survived my absence very well.  I think there was a fair bit of rain while I was away.  The vegies have grown but the weeds have not gone out of control.  I'm very pleased.  Above you can see the apricot tree which is bearing well this year.  The fruit is exquisite.  You can also see the self-sown pumpkins in the compost plot.
The leeks have gone to seed, as have most of the vegetables.  You can just see the sunflower plants rising above the leeks.  I love the mellow look of this 'magic square'.
The orach has gone mad.  It did not attain these red, feathery spires last year.  Quite stunning.
This is a magic square prepared for Steve's tomatoes.  You can see some red lettuce and big bunches of black tomatoes.  Also a lot of parsley...
Finally, I realised the Noisy Miners are gathering for family breakfasts on the apricots so I have now covered the fruit with old net curtains.  Not a particularly good look, but effective so far.  The Miners seem content with the windfalls if they cannot get to the fruit on the tree.

1 comment:

  1. The garden looks bountiful. I don't know orach but I want some!!!! Very striking. Our neighbours gave us kilos of apricots because the birds were getting at them. I made an apricot cake (yummy) and froze a lot of stewed apricots. Too hot at the moment to make jam. Good luck with your crop. FF

    ReplyDelete