Friday 15 October 2021

Days of wine and roses

You know that I have been doing zumba at the Orford Golf Club for about 5 years now.  I don't think I've ever shown you where the golf club is situated.

this is not zumba - a photo submitted by The Floosie - but I'm sure the benefits are the same
This is the Orford Golf Course.  I lifted the photo from their website.  I was looking for the menu for their Friday Night Meals.  It was my first sortie into this culinary tradition very popular among locals.  I was invited to a farewell dinner for George.
George and Leslie live in Queensland and come to Triabunna for the winter! Most unusual given half the Spring Bay population winters in Queensland.  George has thrown himself into just about every activity available - golf, choir, table tennis, art classes - though not yoga, tai chi or zumba. Hence I met him at Sunday Swimming.  Don't look for me in the photo above.  I haven't been swimming for a few weeks.
But I turned up for dinner at the golf club and au revoir chocolate cake.

Other news.

Georgia managing her property

Georgia and I went to the opening of a new accommodation block at The Spring Bay Mill. It was Georgia's first Smoking Ceremony and she was very excited.  As you can see, the weather was not ideal but we joined in all activities and had a fabulous celebratory time.
a newly landscaped area outside the new accommodation, blessed by a low rainbow

Last Sunday saw the opening of a Pottery Exhibition at The Village.  Here you can see Dorothy, the tutor, talking about the inspiration behind some of her work.  She really is a wonder.

And as for roses, the Gold Bunny has never looked better.  I am on to those sneaky harlequin bugs.  They eat into the buds and destroy them.  I now have a regime of hand picking them off and throwing them into the weed tea where they can take their chances.  Those who can swim and abseil have the advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment