Friday 15 October 2021

further to my previous

I forgot some stuff.
There was no lunch prep during the school holidays so I took myself off with The Walking Group.  They were going to Banwell, an East Coast property I'd always wanted to visit.

a very short walk
to the end of the small but incredibly beautiful beach
I had another mission to accomplish further up the Tasman Highway.
Return to Boomer Creek Vineyard.
These cows were in calf when I visited the vineyard during Wine Week.  It was lovely to see mothers and calves this time.
But the real reason I was there was a glass of bubbly, some olive oil and the truffle brie.

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, yay for the Gold Bunny! I must say it's looking very prolific now. Yellow always makes me feel happy. Now, what is the Banwell property you said you went to. No photos? No description? I am intrigued. But the beach was lovely - as always. I haven't been to the Boomer Creek Vineyard. Is it new? It looks very inviting. Whites or just reds? Is it far from you? Is that Freycinet in the distance? You said it was 'further up the highway' (which sounded just like my friend who said Terowie was 'just up the road a bit north' and which turned out to be a couple of hundred kms). FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banwell is a farm. It belongs to a woman I know but I've never been to the house. The beach is on the property.
    Boomer Creek is very new, at least as a vineyard and cellar door. The current family gained the property as a soldier settlement deal. I think it may have originally been part of George Meredith's Land Grant. It's 26 kms from our place according to Mr Google. Sadly it is whites and pinot, as is most of the east coast. But I do really like their bubbly.
    The Bunny says hello.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete