Friday 31 December 2021

Christmassyish

Christmas certainly isn't what it was.  All that angst and all those hours spent visiting people you should.  Not to mention the time and money spent buying presents for the sake of it.  We don't do any of that now.

Mum and I dancing in the kitchen at 16 Ramsay, Christmas 1973?

Mum in the  nursing home, Christmas Day 2021

Mum taking the mickey out of my tai chi sometime in the '70s.
Dad fishing in the background, Marion Bay, Tasmania.

Mum looking sparky, Proclamation Day (28th December) 2021

We had Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve.  Georgia (Steve's daughter) and Ella (her daughter) came to dinner.  It is lovely having them live just up the road.  We had ham, turkey, etc and then a vegan Xmas pudding that Georgia created.
flaming the inaugural vegan Chrissy pud
The pudding was delicious, reminiscent of the Xmas pudding I used to make that my Dad called Sultana Splodge.  I like a moist pudding, heavy with fruit and spice.  And that was it.  Georgia and Ella joined the rest of the adult children in Hobart for Christmas, and Steve and I did nothing for 2 days.  Heaven.
A young couple with a baby camped in a tent next door.  This was rather lovely and created the spirit of Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. What lovely photos!!! Such joie de vivre. Your mum looks so sprightly still. And you have her genes. Last time I saw Ella she was only a few months old. And the Christmas pudding sounded fabulous. Your Christmas sounded just perfect.FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. And perfect it was.
    Ella probably has changed since you last saw her. I shall endeavour to find a photo. 'A Wedding in Wentworth' perhaps. Maybe I'll keep it for the anniversary.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete