Wednesday 5 January 2022

New Year retrospective...

 When you move with a wanky art crowd you think in terms of retrospectives, etc.

view from the back door last night
I am eagerly awaiting the forecast storm.  I have been working in the garden over the festive season to take advantage of the rain, when it comes.  Despite La Nina the garden is very dry.
parsley flowers and orach create red and green for Christmas

dietes continue to educate me in their wily flowering ways

the beautiful paper barks giving us a white Christmas

Georgia and Ella came for dinner on New Year's Eve.  Being a Friday, we had pizza.  Bubbly first, with some mince pies as aperitif.  Steve bought me a box of these Chain of Ponds bubbles and I really do like them. Love, of course, that they come from Adelaide and a place important in the early days of our arrival in Australia.  Georgia brought the Cox shiraz and we had it with our pizza.  It was an early night because they both had to work the next day.  I thought I may wake up in time to see the new year in, but I was an hour late.  I volunteered at PUBS the next day - sales were very slow.

Georgia is cutting swathes through her meadow / paddock.  Jill is pre-occupied with pine cone fetching.
This path leads to the Picnic Tree.  So far we have had no picnics beneath it but I believe it is also being used as a meditation space.  What a magic piece of land.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, our garden was very dry too after the winds we've had. But luckily the rains came - though not much, but enough to replenish the earth; the plants certainly perked up. After a week of mild weather we've now in the low 30s. At least we feel a bit summery. I'v never seen paperbarks flowering in such profusion. How lovely they look. I love dietes, too. And that gorgeous meadow. Will it be used for grazing? I can 'see' sheep there.I think there was a Chain of Ponds in Tassie - Kempton way perhaps???? But not in SA. Must research. FF

    ReplyDelete