Saturday 15 January 2022

The Strange and the Beautiful

 We are having strange weather.  Wet and warmish.  The garden and I love it.
wild evening skies last week


It is that beautiful time of abundance again, at least in my little world.  Steve buys apricots whenever he leaves Triabunna.  Our trees have not done us proud this year.  The cherries come from various sources.  The first of the O'Henrys' peaches.  Perfection as always.

yesterday's lunch using up ham, cheese and herbs from Friday night pizzas
The orchard may fail but I do good herbs.

the split mulberry tree behind the pub
continues to produce abundantly

the shed at the pub

The annual Spring Bay Studio exhibition, this year called Go Figure, is on so we swanked along last week after masked tai chi at Suzie's.
I love this piece by John, one of our Soiree mob.  Entitled Warhorse and Songbird, it makes me want to weep at the loss and destruction of war, and brings to mind Sebastian Faulks' novel Birdsong.
This joyous work is by one of the Sunday Swimmers.  Talking of which
before the tsunami
after the tsunami

Not really, of course.  But there were warnings on the news this morning, and local residents came out to notify us, which was lovely.  Some stayed on the beach, possibly in anticipation...  We were alert but not alarmed, although I was aware of my own hypocrisy -  I who rant incredulously when people attempt to drive through flood water and put emergency services at risk.  But I must say Dot and I did enjoy hamming up the photo-shoot, and bewailed the loss of the Spring Bay Theatre Troop (or whatever we were called).

May Tonga and surrounding areas be safe.

1 comment:

  1. Love the food. Love the weather photos. Love the shed. Can you partake of the mulberry harvest? My favourite jam is fig jam, with mulberry a close second. Yes - our weather has been weird all summer too. Todays it's in the 30s and the garden looks so dry after the boisterously warm winds we've been having. At least our tides haven't changed. FF

    ReplyDelete