Thursday 27 January 2022

The Domestic Front

 The deck is finished and the bathroom just begun.
cruddy but homey bathroom as it has been for over 2 years, awaiting builder

demolition commenced last Saturday

concrete floor sheeting went in today
In the meantime this is our wonky 'amenity'.  It looks like the Tardis from our kitchen window.
looks quite good from this angle

Jill PD is taking all this in her stride.  In fact she loves the party atmosphere as The Daves strut their professional stuff:  Dai The Build, Dai The Slave, Dai The Plaster.  The plumber's name is Jack.

Holiday fiction reading is continuing


with one beautiful non-fiction.

I have met Madam Cyn for lunch at Magnet Court, Sandy Bay,
and collected my long-promised birthday present from Rosa Norte.  Sadly the lemon tree is so large that Steve couldn't fit all of me in the picture.

I actually made this cake, though I used almonds and kirsch instead of pistachios and orange flower water.  I made it for our 21st wedding anniversary.  I was going to do a whole Wedding in Wentworth Revisited but I can't get to the photo crate which is beneath all the new bathroom fittings in the shed.
Steve and I (and half of Triabunna) had our booster shots in the Community Hall which was once home to the glorious Orford Odeon: $5 admission, $3 red wine, $2 Mars Bar, $5 raffle tickets.  Those were the days.  The films were good too.

And there was the first BBQ Chez George.  She has a special area for such events, and beautiful it is too.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see finished bathroom - inspired by Desire to Inspire no doubt. Love the 'amenity'!!!!! I didn't know builders could supply you with that. 'A Paris Christmas' takes my fancy. The cherry cake sounds fab - but a lot of sugar???? I'm sorry I missed your anniversary - the things I remember most are the cake, lying in the motel swimming pool with the temp at 43 and sneaking into the mobile fridge with the gold bunny head-dress to cool off. I wonder if you still have the story I wrote. Sadly I didn't take a copy, but I do remember writing about sweeping the floor with Bron. Looking forward to a Wedding Revisited blog in the future. And doesn't the barbecue area look inviting. Georgia seems to have settled in well. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not get excited by shower room. Sadly inspired by Mitre 10 rather than Desire to Inspire. The intention is for it to be a thing of accessibility not beauty. My bath house was to be the thing of beauty, gnash wail.
    It was your story that inspired the intended blog item. Maybe Thursday I will be able to access the photos in the shed, once the shower, toilet, etc is out of there. Jack The Plumber has reneged to attend to his charter boat business, but hopefully another plumber will attend. It's a sloooooow build.
    Will send cake recipe.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete