Saturday 10 June 2023

Family and home

The next day was Mothers Day.  Lady Jayne and Pearl took a leisurely stroll to Glenelg.  I did makko ho stretches in the sunshine and then set off to see Mum.  It was lovely to have Tamasin, Helly Bells, Mum and I together.
darling Mumsy
A final visit to Mum the next day, and a farewell to Pearl Resort.
farewell to the tree dahlia blossoms viewed from my window chez Pearl

Next stop:  Klemzig.  The Windsor Gardens Caravan Park.  
Lady Jayne arrives at our Klemzig cabin
So many times I have walked past this place from Mum's house, sometimes with Mum and Dad, sometimes just Mum, for a while with Steve, Rosie and Sis.
It's an easy walk from here to Mercato in Campbelltown, where we provisioned for the evening meal, fueling up for the sentimental walk around Klemzig the next day.
Steve and my old home did not look the same, even more overgrown that last time.
2 smart units evolving next door
more posh units just down Cullford Avenue
Other changes in Klemzig too.
carnival atmosphere on OG Road!
We picked up some short eats from my Sri Lankan supermarket and threaded our way through backstreets to our cosy cabin.
In the afternoon we took a stroll along the Linear Park.  So many memories along this track.
rain washed River Red Gums take me back to Thegoa Lagoon in Wentworth
but this is the Torrens, tumbling over rocks as Mum loved it.
How I loved this couple of days.  I'll do it again.  People-watch from the cabin window.  Curl up and read.  Watch the birds, the clouds, the towering eucalypts.  Do the walks again, slowly.  Greet the dogs.  I hadn't realised how much of my story lingers here.

Destination Canberra the next day.  An overnight in Hay which is an interesting little town.  Arriving late and leaving early, we didn't see much.
our pub meal
I had the special.  I can't remember what it was but it was excellent.

a moody early morning start across Hay Plain
violets from Lady Jayne's garden
This is just what I had wanted to find for Mum for Mothers Day.
kites at The Arboretum
lunch at the Bot Gards
Time to go home.  An empty Canberra Airport on a Sunday.
a chance for crab and seaweed inari sushi (and very cheap for airport food)
A wonderful flight home.  No-one beside me.  The window seat.  A cruise down the East Coast of Tasmania.  And our house visible through the clouds.

3 comments:

  1. Your mum looks so sweet. How wonderful for all the family to be together. I always remember the tree dahlia at the Bellerive Fort house. I had never seen them before. And I remember staying at the Klemzig house. How sad that it looks so neglected, though it bears out my mantra that 'nothing stays the same'. The nearby smart units may make them smarten up. The rest of your trip sounded perfect - always love the food shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. สล็อต PGSLOTแตกง่าย เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อต pg slot ออนไลน์บนโทรศัพท์เคลื่อนที่ที่มีเกมนานาประการให้เลือก เป็นเกมรูปแบบใหม่ที่ทำเงินให้ผู้เล่นได้เงินจริง 

    ReplyDelete
  3. ทางเข้า pg slot 88 แล้วกรอกข้อมูลส่วนตัวของคุณลงในฟอร์มการสมัคร หลังจากนั้นก็เสร็จสิ้นขั้นตอนการสมัครแล้ว PG SLOT คุณจะได้รับชื่อผู้ใช้งานและรหัสผ่านเข้าสู่ระบบจากนั้นคุณก็สามารถเลือกเกมสล็อต

    ReplyDelete