Sunday 18 June 2023

news from the big world

Sometimes I am reminded that there is a bigger world. Last week I went to a Van Diemen's Band concert at the Hobart Town Hall.  It featured the harpsichord, one of my least favourite instruments but I thought I'd give it a chance to prove itself.

It took me a while to work out why Hobart is bedecked in red and black.  Dark Mofo.  Even the op shops trooped the colours.
I heard my name being called out as I entered the hall, which was most intriguing because I go to these lunchtime concerts on my own and never see anyone I know.  The caller was Mrs Mars1, ie Georgia and Jake's Mum.  She was bursting to tell me that Jake had heard from his daughter, Sarah, in Korea, and Sarah would like to come for a visit next year.  Big news indeed.  And very exciting.  🤞🤞

In other world news:
Rosa Norte and friend take their first swim for the summer season in Spain

photos finally arrive of Mark and Aloma's wedding in St Davids,
and a travel longing is stirred...

Sandrine, daughter and granddaughter in Queensland

The Floosie is off to New Caledonia next week.  Doubtless photos of her bikinied and sunkissed will grace these pages soon.

5 comments:

  1. Dark Mofo sounds so exciting. I was reading about it in Country Style the other day. While I love the serenity where we live I sometimes wish for a more stimulating and artistic environment. The Barracks featured on a travel show I saw recently - so posh but utterly stylish - and in Triabunna!!!!! And how lovely to have friends in such far-flung places. Hmmm - I can merely dream of sunkissed and bikinied these days, though I do believe I still retain my joie de vivre. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. pg slot slot xo เว็บไซต์สล็อต slotxo พวกเราเป็นผู้ให้บริการเกมส์ slotxo คาสิโนออนไลน์ ได้เงินจริง แจกฟรีเครดิตทุกวี่ทุกวัน PGSLOT เกมส์สล็อตที่ได้รับความนิยม ของคนสมัยใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  3. สมัคร-gmail ตัวของคุณตามคำแนะนำบนหน้าจอ เช่น ชื่อ, นามสกุล, ชื่อผู้ใช้, รหัสผ่าน, วันเกิด, เพศ, เบอร์โทรศัพท์มือถือ, และอีเมล์เพื่อการเชื่อมต่อสมัคร PGSLOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. pg slot เกมส์ เว็บใหม่ ค่ายสล็อตออนไลน์ที่ได้รับความนิยมพร้อม pg slot โปรโมชั่นสุดพิเศจำนวนมากขวัญใจแฟนคลับนักเล่นเกมส์สล็อตทุกคนมาพร้อมแบบอย่างเกมส์ที่นานาประการแปลกใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  5. pgneko co เป็นบริษัทเทคโนโลยีที่มีการพัฒนาแอปพลิเคชันและโซลูชั่นในการจัดการระบบการเรียนการสอนออนไลน์ PG SLOT โดยเน้นการใช้เทคโนโลยี AI (Artificial Intelligence)

    ReplyDelete